At Nutrition for Longevity, providing healthy food is our top priority, as we believe that health starts with what’s on your plate. In these trying times, this mission has become even more critical. Right now we have two main priorities to support our families, friends, and customers throughout this process.a. We are working day and night to ensure our supply remains robust and we can continue to supply our clean nutrient-rich foods. We have worked to secure stock of critical items both from our own farm and also from key suppliers we collaborate with.
b. We are working hard to keep you safe and support your need to eat safely at home. Even though the CDC and FDA have indicated food contamination is a low risk of contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus) https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-issues/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions. We always follow FDA, USDA, and Department of Health guidelines of food preparation and handling. Our quality team has implemented and reinforced control measures to minimize any potential exposure beyond our standard practices. We are also monitoring the latest guidance from the CDC and our local public health authorities, and will carefully follow their recommendations and directives as the situation develops. This is to help protect your food and as well as protect our employees from contracting COVID-19.
Some of these measures include:
- Closing our warehouse and office to the public – non-personnel are not allowed to enter the facility
- Practicing social distancing with our operational personnel – trying to keep 6 feet of distance as recommended
- Deliveries are allowed only in our main receiving area with additional sanitization controls in the receiving area
- The office staff are working hard to ensure we build robust weekly programs but are now doing this remotely
- Operations personnel wear lab coats, protective gloves, hair and beard covers – and change gloves regularly
- We are also encouraging increased hand washing and sanitization efforts across the board
- Potential surface exposure areas like door handles are sanitized multiple times per day
- If any employees have had known risk of exposure they are now quarantined for at least 5 days away from work
- If any employees show any symptoms or calls in sick they are required to have a doctor release prior to returning to work
We are monitoring this situation very carefully as it unfolds and working hard to try to stay in front of it. We will work to keep our customers updated on progress and everything we are doing to keep farm fresh healthy food shipping to your door. We appreciate your full support and patience during this time. The health and wellbeing of our employees, their families and you as our consumer are our top priority. To stay abreast of these changes and the guidance we follow please see www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.Stay Safe,