N4L Spiced Nicoyan Black Bean Tacos
Why do we love this spice blend? Inspired by the flavors of Nicoya, Costa Rica, you’ll always want to keep it handy! With paprika, cinnamon, chili powder, and other robust flavors, the hints of smoke and spice will bring a depth of flavor to any Central American-inspired dish.
N4L Spiced Black Bean Tacos
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Servings: 4
- 2, 15oz cans Black Beans, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons N4L Nicoyan Spice Blend
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ cup Water
- 8 small Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups Green Cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Salsa, low sodium
- 2 Avocados, sliced
- Thoroughly rinse and drain the black beans.
- While the beans are draining, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the Nicoyan Spice Blend, garlic, and salt to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add half of the black beans and all of the water to the pan. Using a potato masher or the back of a large spoon, mash the beans until they are almost a paste. Then add the remaining beans and stir to combine.
- Simmer until the beans are heated through. Remove the pan from the heat and cover until ready to use.
- If desired, warm the corn tortillas.
- To assemble the tacos, place a layer of the stewed black beans into the tortilla and top with cabbage, cilantro, salsa, and avocado. Enjoy!