Instant Pot Chili
Looking to create meals that are both healthy and delicious this new year? Trying to utilize the new kitchen gadgets you were gifted during the holidays? Then this recipe is for you!
Instant Pots have become very popular in recent times. With their multitude of functions and ease of use, there’s basically nothing an air fryer can’t do. Most notably, instant pots can reach incredibly high temperatures and pressures, allowing for the development of rich flavor very quickly.
One of our favorite ways to utilize an instant pot is to develop flavor in recipes like soups and stews. So keep reading to get the recipe for this delicious Instant Pot Chili!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 8
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1# Ground Turkey
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth, low sodium
- 1, 28oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1, 15oz can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15oz can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15oz can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- Turn Instant Pot on saute setting. Add the olive oil and onion and cook until the onion starts to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring to crumble the meat, until turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and stir in the garlic.
- Add the maple syrup, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Add the broth and stir well, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and then beans on top of the meat mixture and DO NOT stir in.
- Seal the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to sealing. Pressure cook on high pressure (manual) for 12 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes (by leaving it off after it finishes cooking). Then, carefully do a quick pressure release (use a potholder or the handle of a long spoon to carefully turn the steam release valve to venting) to release the remaining steam and pressure. Once the float valve drops down, carefully open the Instant Pot away from you, as the steam will be hot.
- Stir thoroughly and enjoy!