Roasted Delicata and Broccolini Salad
This salad is fall on a plate. The slow-roasted delicata squash and broccolini, imbued with sage and thyme, atop soft, seasonal baby lettuces, gently tossed with our Apollo Health's Apple Cider Vinaigrette, and garnished with pomegranate and pumpkin seeds combine to create an artful, sweet, and savory masterpiece. Feel free to top with your favorite KetoFLEX 12/3 protein.
- 3/4 cups of high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (such as Bragg)
- 2 tbsp of minced tart apple, such as a wild crabapple, Gala, or Granny Smith
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of pure monk fruit
- 1 small delicata squash (approximately 12 oz.), sliced
- 8 broccolini stalks, with stems removed
- 4 tbsp high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 6 cups seasonal mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds for garnish
- 4 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds with sea salt for garnish
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- If using a stick blender, add all ingredients in a tall cylindrical container and blend for one minute until smooth and creamy. If using a blender, add all ingredients and pulse at a high speed for one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add more spice or sweetener as needed.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Gently rinse and shake your broccolini until it's dry. Cut off the stalks and discard or reserve for another use. Make sure the broccolini florets are cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside for between 10-45 minutes to increase the level of healthful sulforaphane.
- Gently scrub your delicata squash. Keeping the skin on, cut off the ends of the squash and carefully slice in half the long ways. Discard the inside pulp and seeds. Slice the hollowed out squash into even-sized half circles, approximately 1/2 inch or slightly thinner.
- Pour the EVOO and the spices into a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Add the delicata squash and broccolini florets. Gently stir until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Line a large baking tray (or two if necessary) with parchment paper. Place the delicata squash on one side (or tray) and broccoli florets on the other.
- Place the tray(s) into preheated oven. Around the halfway point (10-12 minutes), flip the delicata squash. When the squash and broccolini start to brown (another 10-12 minutes), they are done.
- Set the two baking trays aside and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the well blended Apple Cider Vinaigrette into a large mixing bowl. Add the seasonal baby greens and gently toss.
- Arrange the dressed lettuce on plates. Add the still warm delicata squash and broccolini florets on top.
- Add extra vinaigrette dressing as needed.
- Garnish with the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds to finish your masterpiece.