Homemade Tortilla Chips and Vegan Queso Dip
Football season is upon us! Whether you’re rooting for your favorite team or showing up just for the snacks, there’s no denying that game day foods are part of the sports fan experience.
If you’re looking for a twist on a classic snack, look no further than these Homemade Chips and Vegan Queso Dip. Both parts of this dish come together in a snap and make a great alternative for those who omit dairy.
Let’s see how it’s made!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes Servings: 8
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Hot Water
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Brush the tortillas with olive oil on both sides. Use a sharp knife to slice them into 8 wedges per tortilla. Place the wedges on the baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake until browned and crispy, about 15 to 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through for even baking.
- While the chips are baking, add the remaining ingredients except for the scallions to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth, adding additional water if the texture is too thick.
- Transfer the queso to a serving bowl and garnish with scallions.
- Serve chips right out of the oven with queso dip and enjoy!