Longevity Diet Exclusive Lunch Recipes
- 4-5 cups of spinach, to boil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons of N4L Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Optional: 40g (about 12-16) gluten free crackers of choice
- Bring 1-2 cups of water to a boil in large pot. Add the spinach and cook until volume reduces and spinach is dark green in color and soft in texture. Drain the water.
- Mix the cooked spinach with the pine nuts and raisins. Bring pot back to heat and cook for a brief 1-3 minutes. Avoid drying by adding 1 tablespoon of water if needed.
- Turn off heat and remove pot from burner. Add oil and stir. Let the mixture rest, covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy with crackers!
Lunch: Wild Rice and Green Beans with Garlic and Fresh Tomato
- ¼ cup wild rice
- 1 cup string beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of N4L Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ fresh lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Cook the wild rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a separate pot, cover the green beans with water and add the tomato, garlic and pinch of salt.
- When the beans are tender, add the oil and desired amount of fresh basil. Let rest 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Plate wild rice, top with beans and tomato mixture, and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top. Enjoy!
- Dr Valter, L., 2016. The Longevity Diet. Penguin Random House LLC, p.234.
- Rachel Roddy. Spinach with Pine Nuts and Raisins. Leite's Culinaria. https://leitesculinaria.com/17580/recipes-spinach-raisins-pine-nuts.html. Published December 10, 2020. Accessed March 5, 2021.
- String Beans. The Family Dinner Project. https://thefamilydinnerproject.org/food/green-beans-with-lime/. Published September 9, 2013. Accessed March 5, 2021.