- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed well (we suggest white)
- 1 cup English hothouse cucumber, chopped
- ¾ cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring quinoa, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes or according to package. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a baking sheet to let cool.
- Once the quinoa is cool, put into a large bowl and add cucumber, tomato, red onion, spring onion, parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Season with remaining salt, to taste and refrigerate until chilled through. Enjoy!
Check out this video of CEO Jennifer Maynard if you'd like to know the best way to clean your produce!