- 3 (14-ounce cans) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 red potatoes, cubed with skin (about ¼ inch)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (about ¼ inch)
- 6 large carrots, peeled and chopped (about ¼ inch)
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced (garnish)
- Optional: sesame seeds (garnish)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon miso
- 5 Tablespoons tamari
- 4 Tablespoons mirin
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- Wash and prepare produce according to the ingredient list
- Add chickpeas, potatoes, and onions to the crockpot
- Prepare the sauce by combining all of the ‘sauce ingredients’ into a medium-sized bowl. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Pour the sauce into the crockpot. Stir until evenly coated.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours. After 2 hours of cooking add in the carrots. (Cooking time will vary depending on personal preference of potato consistency).
- Once done, serve over cooked quinoa and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds Enjoy!