Socca (Gluten-Free Chickpea Flour Flatbread)
Socca is a gluten-free flatbread, a staple food found in the south of France and Italy. It is made with chickpea flour making it high in protein, vitamins and minerals!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup lukewarm filtered water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons N4L Imported Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons herbs of choice (rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Put your nonstick round pan of choice in heated oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour, pepper and salt. Then, slowly add in the water, whisking to get rid of any lumps.
- Add in two tablespoons of olive oil and mix, the consistency of this mixture should be about the consistency of coconut milk.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and add two tablespoons of the olive oil into the pan and spread around evenly.
- Add in your herbs of choice to the batter and pour it into the pan.
- For best results, the batter should be spread thin and evenly around the pan.
- Bake the bread for 10 to 15 minutes, until the bread is firm.
- If the bread looks dry, add one to two tablespoons of olive oil and brush on top, then return it to the oven or broiler (if you have one) until the top turns golden brown.
- Cut the socca bread into wedge pieces, can serve hot or cold!