After what seems to have been a really long winter, we’re finally approaching warm weather, and BBQ season! This is a really tasty and colorful summertime recipe! Make it socially distant friendly by separating out into little containers complete with your favorite tortilla chips to make a take-and-go appetizer!
For the salad:
- 2, 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados seeded and cubed
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, rough chopped
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, chili powder, granulated garlic, ground pepper, and salt.
- Place all the veggies (beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, and onions) in a large bowl (except the avocado) and add the dressing.
- Toss gently to combine well. Add avocado.