Pasta e Vaianeia
An exclusive recipe direct from The Longevity Diet book and Dr. Valter Longo1.
Pasta e vaianeia
- Bring 3-4 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt to the water and soak the navy beans.
- When the beans are tender, add the green beans and carrots. Boil the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Add the potato and boil for another 15 minutes. After 15 minutes have passed, add the zucchini and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Next, add the whole tomato and boil until it is tender, then smash it with a fork or potato masher and remove the loose skin from the pot. Add the garlic, basil, and pasta and cook according to the instructions on the packaging.
- When the pasta is cooked to al dente add the olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until evenly mixed and heated through. Serve warm and enjoy!