Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Zest the lemon.
- Combine the gluten free flour, maple syrup, salt, and lemon zest in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Grate the butter into the flour mix and stir until it is well incorporated.
- Add the frozen blueberries to the flour and stir to combine.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the eggs and milk, then pour into the flour mixture and combine. Mix together until it forms a dough.
- Press the dough out into a flat circle and cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake the scones in the preheated 425 F oven for 15-17 minutes or until they are golden brown. Transfer the scones to wire rack to cool.