Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
- 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced into cubes
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into coins
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- Lettuce or mixed greens for serving
For Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon water (add more to your preferred consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook the quinoa: Place the quinoa in a saucepan with 1 3/4 cup water and pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until the water has been absorbed. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together until desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chickpeas, sweet potatoes, red onion, and bell peppers. Toss with the olive oil and salt, then add in the paprika, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, and coriander.
- Divide the vegetables evenly between two baking sheets and roast for 20 minutes. Stir and then add back into the oven for another 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, make the salad. Add the mixed greens to the bottom and top with the roasted chickpeas & sweet potatoes, quinoa, cucumbers, tomatoes and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!