No Waste Broccoli Stem Stir Fry!
Are you left with a ton of broccoli stems after cooking but want to do something with them? Here is a recipe using broccoli stems which can help reduce the food waste in your home!
- 2-3 broccoli stems, sliced into rounds
- 2-3 carrots, sliced into half moons
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 Teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add in the vegetable broth and let it heat. Next, add in 1/2 Tablespoon of coconut aminos and the carrots. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli stems next, adding the rest of the coconut aminos and stir.
- Add in the maple syrup, lemon juice, scallions, salt and pepper, stir until evenly mixed.
- Cover with a lid and let the vegetables cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve this stir fry along with some rice or protein of your choice!
- Store in an airtight container, meal can be refrigerated for up to one week.