Chicken Noodle Soup Crockpot Recipe
Cooking Tip · Dinner · Entrée · Family Meals · Foodies · Health · Lifestyle ·
Crock pot recipes are for those days where you just don't feel like cooking and want to be able to throw something together with little time. Try this chicken noodle soup crock pot recipe below!
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless
- 6 cups of water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2-4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 box gluten free noodle of choice (jovial brand is a good option)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the chicken thighs to the crock pot and cover with 6 cups of water.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken falls off the bone.
- Turn off the heat and put the chicken into a bowl to cool down.
- Remove the chicken from the bones and shred.
- Heat the oil in a pot, then add the carrots, celery, onions, and sauté on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the oregano and garlic, sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetable broth to the crock pot, then add the bay leaves and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the noodles into the soup and cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked.
- Lastly, add the shredded chicken to the crock pot, stir and add in the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.