Quick and Easy Lentil Soup
Here is a simple but delicious lentil soup recipe! This recipe is perfect for the cold weather that is upon us and to share with friends and family!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 yellow onions
- 1 pound of baby carrots
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups red lentils
- Turmeric to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Chop the onions, carrots, and celery into small, bite sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a big pot. Add in onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add in the vegetable broth, can of crushed tomatoes and lentils.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Add in turmeric, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Mix.
- Turn heat to low and cover soup with lid.
- Cook soup for an hour. Lentils will become soft and start to thicken up.
- Serve and enjoy!