Veggie Lentil Soup!
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes, low sodium
- 1 cup of uncooked lentils
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 5 cups of raw spinach
- Add the olive oil into a large pot over medium heat, then add in the chopped celery, onion, and carrots and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add grated garlic and cumin and fry for one more minute.
- Add in the vegetable broth, canned tomatoes, dried lentils, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, or/and red pepper flakes.
- Cover with the lid and bring to a boil, then crack the top and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the spinach and simmer for a few more minutes until it is mixed in.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, serve and enjoy!