- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 cup marinara sauce (no added sugar)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, thick slices
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven the 400 F. Grab a casserole dish and add in the marinara sauce to the bottom and spread evenly.
- Add in the sliced onions over the top of the marinara sauce.
- Start to line up the sliced, zucchini, eggplant, squash and tomatoes. Stand them on their side and alternate the pieces until they are all used up.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, then add the oregano, basil, pepper and salt over top.
- Add the casserole dish into the heated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Then remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top of the vegetables.
- Return the casserole to the oven for another five minutes or until cheese is melted. Once it is finished, add the parsley on top.
- Serve and enjoy!