Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins
Muffins are an easy breakfast that can be made ahead of time and kept frozen or kept cold in the fridge! Try this simple but delicious sweet potato muffin recipe below!
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon fax seed to 2 1/2 Tablespoons water, mix and let sit 2-3 minutes to thicken)
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 1 cup gluten free baking flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grab a muffin tin, line with paper liner or non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, add the sweet potato, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract and plant milk, then stir.
- Slowly sift in the gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into wet ingredients and stir, then add in the oat flour.
- Fill the muffin tins with the batter, add about 1 teaspoon of almond butter into each muffin and swirl around with a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are not wet in the center anymore.
- Cool completely or let sit for 5 minutes before eating.
- Serve and enjoy!