Budget Friendly Salmorejo
- 3 lbs. tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. crusty gluten free bread
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (for garnish)
- Core the tomatoes by cutting them in quarters and removing the center. Roughly chop the tomatoes and garlic, then add in the vinegar into the water. Remove the crust from the bread and cut into large cubes.
- Place the water, tomatoes, garlic and bread into the blender. Puree it until it gets smooth. Do not over blend, as it will create a gummy texture.
- With the blender on low speed, then slowly add in the olive oil and season with salt. Cover and chill the soup in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving it.
- Strain the soup through a strainer before serving. Garnish with the olive oil and enjoy!