Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/4 hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 12 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon natural almond butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Make the sauce for the chicken. In a small bowl, mix together the tamari, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
- Next, chop the red bell pepper and water chestnuts into small pieces. Slice the green onions and chop the peanuts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the cooking oil. Once the oil is heated, add in the ground chicken and cook until browned.
- Add in the red bell pepper and water chestnuts into the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the skillet and mix well. Cook for a couple more minutes and allow the sauce to soak into the chicken and vegetables. Remove from the heat and top with green onions and peanuts.
- Next, make the dressing, combine the maple syrup, almond butter, garlic, ginger, lime juice, tamari, and oil. Whisk together and set aside.
- Serve 1/3 cup of the chicken and vegetables inside each lettuce wrap, top with some dressing and enjoy!