Quick & Easy Tomato Soup!
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Half of a yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable broth (low-sodium)
- 1 bay leaf (for cooking)
- One can of San Marzano tomatoes (28-ounce can)
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons cream to add at the end
- Salt to taste
- In a medium-large Dutch oven pot over medium low heat, add in the carrots, garlic and onions and sauté for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Next, add in the tomato paste and stir it until you can see it starting to brown and caramelize. Then add in the gluten free flour and stir in.
- Add in the crushed canned tomatoes, thyme, vegetable broth, and bay leaf into the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in small batches in an immersion blender until smooth. Add back into the pot and add in the cream (if desired). Season to taste with the salt.
- Serve and enjoy!