Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Cooking Tip · Dietitian · Dinner · Entrée · food swaps · Foodies · Health · Lifestyle · Lunch · Side Dish ·
Are you looking for some fun new plant based recipes? You've come to the right place! Below is a simple cauliflower recipe to spice up your palate!
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Cajun seasoning (Make your own: 3 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Cut your cauliflower: Cut the cauliflower in half through the stem. Then continue to cut pieces that are about 3/4 inches thick until you cannot cut anymore.
- Spray a baking sheet or use parchment paper, place the cauliflower evenly spread across the sheet.
- Using a brush, brush the olive oil onto the cauliflower and sprinkle on the Cajun seasoning evenly.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the baking sheet around the cauliflower.
- Bake the cauliflower in the oven for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes flip the cauliflower steaks and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve on a salad, alongside a grain of your choice, or eat on it's own.