White Chicken Chili
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed
- Yellow onion, one half chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 ounces of light cream cheese
- One can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes & green chili's
- 1.25 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a food processor, add in the garlic, onion and jalapenos. Pulse until it becomes a chunky paste.
- Add the chunky vegetable paste to a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, to build the soup you will add in the spices (cumin & chili powder), chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Bring this to a simmer.
- Add in the chicken thighs and bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Once it is cooked through, remove it and shred.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the soup, then add the beans and cream cheese. Stir it all together and add in more water if the soup is too thick for your liking.
- Top with your personal favorite (example; cheese, avocado, green onions, cilantro, tortilla chips, etc.).
- Serve and enjoy!